Former Florida AG Bondi says NYC mayor must speak up in support of bodega worker: 'This is not justice'
Black Dick Lover Kathy Hochul
2022-07-22 19:53:33 UTC
In article <t1b3p7$2ttll$***@news.freedyn.de>
<***@gmail.com> wrote:

Former Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi criticized New York
City District Attorney Alvin Bragg's handling of a case where a
bodega worker was charged with murder over a self-defense
stabbing. On "Fox & Friends" Tuesday, Bondi argued the bodega
worker is the "victim" who will not receive justice due to
murder charges.

NYC DA'S MURDER CHARGE AGAINST CLERK WHO WAS ATTACKED IN
‘INEXPLICABLE,’ EXPERTS SAY

PAM BONDI: The D.A. is not following the law. I've prosecuted
for a very long time. And when you're a prosecutor, your job is
to seek justice. And this isn't justice for anyone, especially
all the store clerks out there who now are going to be scared to
defend themselves and probably scared to come to work. This man
was a law-abiding citizen. Had he not defended himself, his
family would be at his funeral this week. That's what would be
happening. So it's just it's a tragedy and hopefully this D.A.
will follow the law. Hopefully, the mayor will get involved and
say, you need to drop this. You need to follow the law, because
this is not justice under our Constitution. This man is a
victim, and they've now charged him. But you can tell what a
good man he is. He's already come out and said, I am so sorry. I
didn't want to hurt anyone.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/former-florida-ag-bondi-nyc-mayor-
speak-support-bodega-worker-justice
Black Dick Lover Kathy Hochul
2022-07-22 20:08:43 UTC
In article <t177h4$2rm8s$***@news.freedyn.de>
<***@gmail.com> wrote:

Republican gubernatorial nominee Rep. Lee Zeldin of New York has
been vowing for months that he’d fire New York City District
Attorney Alvin Bragg on his first day as governor if he defeats
Democratic incumbent Gov. Kathy Hochul in November’s election.

So, it’s no surprise that Zeldin, a conservative congressman who
represents the eastern half of New York’s Long Island, is
highlighting that pledge in his first general election ad since
winning the GOP gubernatorial nomination in New York’s June 28
primary.

The spot, which the Zeldin campaign tells Fox News it’s spending
an initial five-figures to run digitally statewide as part of an
eventual seven-figure ad blitz, highlights the murder charge
against New York City bodega worker Jose Alba for fatally
stabbing a man who had attacked him on the job. The case against
Alba has grabbed plenty of media attention in New York, with a
chorus of calls for the murder charges to be dropped.

Bragg’s also faced criticism for a memo he issued earlier this
year instructing city prosecutors to avoid arrests on a list of
criminal offenses, a position he partially walked back. The
controversies over the memo and the Alba case have sparked calls
for Hochul to invoke state constitutional powers, which would
give her the power to remove Bragg from office.

"Despite the pleas of New Yorkers, Hochul has refused to use her
authority as governor to fire Bragg," the narrator in the ad
charges.

The spot incudes clips of Zeldin pledging to fire Bragg,
including one in a Fox News interview last week, and the
narrator argues that Zeldin’s "backed by the people across New
York tired of living in fear and tired of soft-on-crime liberal
polices like Kathy Hochul, Alvin Bragg, and the ‘defund the
police’ crowd."

Hochul on Wednesday in a statement on Twitter highlighted that
she’s working "to end the epidemic of gun violence in New York
and create a safer state for all."

As she landed the endorsement of the Brady PAC, which works to
elect "gun violence prevention champions," the governor noted
that "it's been a decade since the horrific mass shooting in
Aurora, Colorado, and there is still so much work to do to end
the epidemic of gun violence. I'm working every day to get
dangerous weapons off our streets and keep our communities safe."

Zeldin topped the field in last month’s Republican primary that
included Rob Astorino, the former Westchester County executive
and 2014 GOP gubernatorial nominee; Andrew Giuliani, who served
in former President Donald Trump’s administration and is the son
of former New York City mayor and former Trump attorney Rudy
Giuliani; and Harry Wilson, a businessman, investor and
restructuring expert who poured millions of his own money into
his gubernatorial bid.

Hochul – the state’s former lieutenant governor who was sworn in
last August as New York’s first female governor, after three-
term Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo resigned in disgrace amid
multiple scandals – easily defeated primary rivals Rep. Tom
Suozzi and New York City public advocate Jumaane Williams.

Public polls conducted ahead of last month’s primary indicated
Hochul holding a large lead over Zeldin. The incumbent also
enjoys a formidable fundraising advantage over the GOP nominee.

Then-Gov. George Pataki’s 2002 reelection 20 years ago was the
last time a Republican won a gubernatorial election in the blue
state of New York.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/zeldin-spotlights-push-fire-nyc-
district-attorney-alvin-bragg-first-general-election-ad
Black Dick Lover Kathy Hochul
2022-07-22 20:28:55 UTC
In article <t14da4$2q2s2$***@news.freedyn.de>
<***@gmail.com> wrote:

Rep. Lee Zeldin, R-N.Y., was attacked during a gubernatorial
campaign stop in Perinton, New York on Thursday night where an
individual allegedly pulled out a sharp object.

Zeldin was at the Veterans of Foreign Wars post event giving a
speech about bail reform when a man allegedly got on stage and
"wrestled with him a bit, and pulled a blade out," according to
a witness who spoke with Rochester First.

The individual who allegedly tried to attack Zeldin was taken
down by AMVETS national Director Joe Chenelly, according to the
report.

After the attack, Zeldin went back on the stage and continued
talking, according to the report.

The Monroe County Sheriff's Office told Fox News that it is
"aware of an incident at the speech of gubernatorial candidate
Zeldin this evening. A suspect is in custody and Major Crimes is
investigating. We will update as further information becomes
available."

Katie Vincentz, a spokesperson the gubernatorial campaign, said
that Zeldin and lieutenant governor nominee Alison Esposito are
safe following the attack.

"Congressman Zeldin, Alison Esposito and all members of Team
Zeldin are safe following tonight’s attack. Far more must be
done to make New York safe again. This is very much getting out
of hand in this state. Unfortunately, Congressman Zeldin is just
the latest New Yorker whose life has been affected by the out of
control crime and violence in New York. This needs to stop!
Thankfully, we still have exceptional men and women in law
enforcement answering the call to protect our streets," Vincentz
said.

The campaign says that a man climbed on the stage and attempted
to stab Zeldin, but was taken down by several others who were in
attendance at the event.

New York Governor Kathy Hochul said that she condemns the
incident "in the strongest terms possible."

Ian Winner, who was at the event, told Fox News Digital that
initially, people thought the alleged attacker was on stage to
fix a flag or something that was out of place.

Zeldin's campaign shared an image with Fox News Digital which
appears to show the blade that was used by the alleged attacker,
who is being restrained in the picture.

"Most people thought the guy was trying to go fix like the
speaker or the flag, but then someone screamed 'stop him, he's
not with them,' and then that whole like wrestling match
happened," Winner said.

"My team has informed me about the incident at Lee Zeldin's
campaign event tonight. Relieved to hear that Congressman Zeldin
was not injured and that the suspect is in custody. I condemn
this violent behavior in the strongest terms possible — it has
no place in New York," Hochul said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lee-zeldin-new-york-gop-
gubernatorial-candidate-attacked-campaign-stop
Yak
2022-07-22 20:33:47 UTC

I'm surprised Alvin Bragg didn't have Zeldin arrested for defending himself.
Black Dick Lover Kathy Hochul
2022-07-22 20:33:57 UTC
In article <t25495$3cs0f$***@news.freedyn.de>
<***@gmail.com> wrote:

Since announcing his bid for Governor of New York on April 8,
2021, Congressman Lee Zeldin (R, NY-1), the Republican Party and
Conservative Party nominee for Governor, has raked in over $13
million in receipts.

In the last month, Congressman Zeldin reported over $892,106 in
receipts from more than 3,060 donations, over 85% of which are
$100 or less, and currently has $1.57 million cash on hand.
Since announcing his candidacy for Governor, Congressman Zeldin
has received over 50,000 donations.

“On Tuesday, November 8th, Kathy Hochul is going to be fired by
fed up New Yorkers hitting their breaking point in this state,”
said Congressman Zeldin. “New York will hit rock bottom if
Hochul is given 4 more years of her incompetent, corrupt pay to
play, power-hungry ways. Kathy Hochul as Governor means streets
less safe and life more costly with her constant pandering to
her base’s pro-criminal, tax and spend policies being advanced
unchecked in Albany. We will win this race, because we have to
win this race and restore balance and commonsense to Albany, end
one-party rule and save our state.”

Following a highly competitive June 28th primary, Kathy Hochul’s
cash on hand fundraising lead over Congressman Zeldin is now $6
million less than it was this past January.

https://geneseesun.com/congressman-lee-zeldin-raises-over-13-
million-since-announcing-for-governor-from-over-50000-donations/
Black Dick Lover Kathy Hochul
2022-07-22 20:39:00 UTC
In article <t1l6mr$33sib$***@news.freedyn.de>
<***@gmail.com> wrote:

A New York City bodega worker is currently being held in the
notorious Rikers Island prison on a second-degree murder charge
after allegedly being seen on video stabbing an ex-con who
shoved him during a dispute.

Jose Alba, a 51-year-old with no prior criminal history, is
unable to post $250,000 bail stemming from the July 1 incident
involving Austin Simon, 34, inside a Manhattan deli, according
to the New York Post. The hefty figure is just half of what
Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s office wanted – and
the confrontation that resulted in the death of Simon, who was
out on parole at the time after being imprisoned for assaulting
a police officer – followed an argument Alba had with his
girlfriend over a bag of chips, the newspaper added.

"He’s never hurt anybody. He’s never had an altercation where he
had to defend himself," Alba’s daughter Yulissa told the New
York Post. "This is the first time for him."

A criminal complaint obtained by Fox News Digital said around 11
p.m. Friday, Simon’s girlfriend tried to buy snack items for her
10-year-old daughter at the deli using an electronic benefits
card – but the transaction was declined and a "verbal dispute"
ensued.

NEW YORK CITY POLICE RESPOND TO THREE HOMICIDE CALLS IN LESS
THAN AN HOUR

"Informant observed the defendant reach over the counter, grab
her daughter’s hand, and seize the item from her daughter's hand
after the transaction was declined," the complaint read.
"Informant then left the store and informed her boyfriend,
Austin Simon, of the clerk’s actions, and returned to the store
with Mr. Simon, who went behind the counter of the store to
confront the clerk."

In the complaint, investigators said after reviewing
surveillance footage that Simon "pushed the defendant once and
spoke to him while the defendant sat in a chair behind the
counter."

Then when Simon attempted to "steer" Alba out from behind the
counter area, the worker "picked up a kitchen knife that was
stashed behind the counter and stabbed Mr. Simon in the neck and
chest at least five times," the complaint continued.

Investigators wrote that Simon’s girlfriend then tried to pull
Alba away but he "continued to stab" him before she brandished a
knife herself from her purse and stabbed the deli worker in the
arm.

NEW YORK CITY MAN FOUND WITH TRAUMATIC WOUNDS DIES, POLICE
SEEKING THREE MEN FOR QUESTIONING

Simon was pronounced dead at a local hospital less than an hour
later.

"The defendant stated to me, in substance, ‘He wanted me to come
apologize to the girl. I took the knife we use to open boxes and
I stabbed him,’" the complaint added.

Alba could be sentenced to up to 25 years in prison if convicted
on the murder charge, while Simon’s girlfriend is currently
facing no charges, according to the New York Post.

During the bail hearing, prosecutors argued Alba is a flight
risk since he had a scheduled trip back to his native Dominican
Republic next week, the newspaper also reported.

"We are continuing to review the evidence and the investigation
is ongoing," a spokesperson for the Manhattan District
Attorney’s Office later told Fox News Digital.

The New York Post, citing sources and records, reported that
Simon served prison time after being convicted of assaulting a
cop before his parole last year.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-city-bodega-worker-charged-
murder-allegedly-seen-video-stabbing-ex-con-dispute
Black Dick Lover Kathy Hochul
2022-07-22 21:19:18 UTC
In article <t15045$2qd6s$***@news.freedyn.de>
<***@gmail.com> wrote:

FIRST ON FOX: One of the men who took down the individual seen
on video going after Rep. Lee Zeldin, R-N.Y., said the attacker
"lunged" at the congressman and Republican gubernatorial
candidate with a blade on his hand during a campaign stop in
Perinton, New York on Thursday.

Joe Chenelly, the national director for AMVETS, spoke with Fox
News Digital and said the alleged attacker came through the
crowd about 15 minutes into Zeldin's speech and was "stumbling"
as he walked up to the stage, and that's when a decision was
made to confront him. When first seeing the alleged attacker
approach the stage, Chenelly said he "wasn't sure if he was
coming up to hug the congressman or yell at him or argue with
him."

Chenelly said the Congressman was able to block the man from
striking him with the blade.

"His right hand came up, I assume out of his pocket, and he had
a blade on his hand. His fingers were like two finger holes in
the blade and lunged at the congressman. And Congressman Zeldin
blocked the first lunge. And then as he tried to lunge again, I
grabbed him from behind and tackled him down to the ground and
held him on the ground," Chenelly said.

"…he had a blade on his hand. His fingers were like two finger
holes in the blade and lunged at the congressman."

— Joe Chenelly describes how he helped take down Rep. Lee
Zeldin's would-be attacker

He said that after he took the alleged attacker down, a number
of other people came to help restrain the man, who Chenelly said
still had a blade in his hands.

Once the blade was taken out of the alleged attacker's hands and
zip ties were used to restrain his arms, Chenelly said that
Zeldin got back on the stage to finish the rally.

Chenelly said that the alleged attacker was "mostly incoherent"
and "kind of yelling," but it seemed like he was at the event
"with intent to cause harm to the congressman."

While the national director for AMVETS said he couldn't
understand most of what the alleged attacker was saying, he
noticed that the individual was wearing a United States Marine
Corps T-shirt, and that the assailant said he had fought in
Iraq, adding there were signs showing that the individual was
not mentally well.

"He said that he was an Iraq veteran… and that really struck
me," Chenelly said. "And I know the mental health crisis that
has really gripped the veteran's community. I don't want this to
become some crazy veteran story, but it definitely struck me.
And so, you know, while he was still standing there, I told him
that he's going to get through this. The situation he's going
to, you know, deal with what he's done tonight. You know, once
he's done, I want him to reach out to me. We'll make sure that
you get the services that you need."

The Monroe County Sheriff's Office told Fox News that it is
"aware of an incident at the speech of gubernatorial candidate
Zeldin this evening. A suspect is in custody and Major Crimes is
investigating."

Zeldin's campaign shared an image with Fox News Digital which
appears to show the blade that was used by the alleged attacker
while he was being restrained.

Katie Vincentz, a spokesperson the gubernatorial campaign, said
that Zeldin and lieutenant governor nominee Alison Esposito are
safe following the incident.

"Congressman Zeldin, Alison Esposito and all members of Team
Zeldin are safe following tonight’s attack. Far more must be
done to make New York safe again. This is very much getting out
of hand in this state. Unfortunately, Congressman Zeldin is just
the latest New Yorker whose life has been affected by the out of
control crime and violence in New York. This needs to stop!
Thankfully, we still have exceptional men and women in law
enforcement answering the call to protect our streets," Vincentz
said.

Rep. Zeldin took to Twitter following the attack to thank those
who stepped in to help take the would-be attacker down.

"Grateful for the attendees who stepped up quickly to assist and
the law enforcement officers who quickly responded," Zeldin
wrote.

He added, "I'm as resolute as ever to do my part to make NY safe
again."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lee-zeldins-would-be-attacker-
tackled-group-bystanders-he-had-blade-his-hand
Black Dick Lover Kathy Hochul
2022-07-22 21:19:18 UTC
In article <t21fqc$3aqmb$***@news.freedyn.de>
<***@gmail.com> wrote:

ALBANY (TBS) — Tom Suozzi’s late November announcement that he
would run for governor was mostly met with confusion and
indifference, in part because it was difficult to think of a
rationale for the Democrat’s campaign.

At the time, Gov. Kathy Hochul was riding high in polls and
raising piles of money. The notion that Suozzi — or any other
challenger not named Tish James — would poise a threat seemed
farfetched. Why was the congressman from Long Island wasting his
time and ours?

Five months later, the landscape has changed. Hochul no longer
looks so formidable.

In a Siena College Research Institute poll released last week,
only 36 percent of voters approved of Hochul’s performance, and
the governor scored especially poorly on the two issues — crime
and the economy — that voters identified as their top concern.

Meanwhile, just 40 percent of voters said they would vote for
Hochul if she’s the Democratic nominee. Forty-five percent
preferred “someone else.”

Those poll numbers are the political equivalent of the warning
signs that try to prevent trucks from crashing into the
Glenridge Road rail bridge. At the moment, Hochul looks like
she’s driving an 18-wheeler right at it.

That gives Suozzi’s challenge the rationale it once lacked.

”If the Democrats want to win in November, Kathy Hochul should
not be the nominee, and I should,” Suozzi, 59, told me. “They
(the Republicans) are not going to beat me on Long Island.
They’re not going to beat me in the suburbs.”

I imagine that if we gave Republican candidates such as Lee
Zeldin and Harry Wilson doses of truth serum, they’d admit
Suozzi isn’t the candidate they want to face. After all, the
issues he’s emphasizing, including cutting crime and taxes, are
the very same ones they’d like to highlight.

”Those are the issues people are concerned about, and we’re in
trouble as a party if we don’t start talking about them,” Suozzi
said. “And I don’t talk about these issues like I’m Fox News. I
talk about them like a lifelong, common-sense Democrat.”

Suozzi has pushed Hochul to more aggressively tackle concerns
about bail reform, and says she treats rising crime like an
afterthought. He wants to cut state income taxes by 10 percent
“so people can afford to live here,” and says Hochul’s recently
passed budget doesn’t do nearly enough to prepare for looming
fiscal crises.

And the congressman is another voice in the chorus singing
against the governor’s stadium giveaway to the Buffalo Bills.

”We’re giving a billion dollars to her friends in Buffalo so
that they wouldn’t leave,” Suozzi said. “What are we doing to
keep people from leaving?”

Not enough, surely.

Since all readers of this column are astute observers of the
political landscape, you’ve probably noticed that Suozzi is
challenging Hochul from the right. Which raises a question: Is
that what voters in the upcoming primary will want?

Progressives have a candidate in New York Public Advocate
Jumaane Williams, which suggests that Suozzi and Hochul will be
fighting for more moderate voters.

A problem for Suozzi is that Hochul remains popular among
Democrats, who gave her 55 percent job approval in that Siena
poll. It doesn’t seem likely that primary voters would turn away
from her, even if Suozzi could convince them that he offers the
best protection against those dastardly Republicans.

Of course, every Democrat in deep-blue New York enters a general
election as the heavy favorite. So you can understand if
Democrats aren’t particularly concerned about the threat.

The party would be wise, though, to avoid overconfidence,
especially amid growing evidence of a gathering red tsunami that
could wash away even blue-state Democratsthis this fall. Hochul,
meanwhile, would be wise to stop shooting herself in the foot.

The indictment of the governor’s handpicked lieutenant (the
governor picked a new running mate Tuesday), the tossing of
gerrymandered maps by the state’s highest court and the Bills
giveaway are together contributing to a narrative that makes the
Hochul administration seem guilty of bad judgment, if not worse.
Her poll numbers aren’t sinking without reason.

In Suozzi’s view, New Yorkers are responding to a pattern of
incompetence.

”She just isn’t doing the job,” he said. “This is her mess. She
has to take responsibility for it.”

It’s unlikely Suozzi will produce a shock upset. Hochul still
has the power of incumbency and massive financial advantages.
And with the primary scheduled for late June — assuming legal
challenges related to the gerrymandering fiasco don’t delay it —
Suozzi has a dwindling number of days to make his case.

But that case is stronger than it once seemed.

https://www.oleantimesherald.com/opinion/stumbling-hochul-gives-
suozzi-hope-in-dem-primary/article_a50586ac-e78f-5809-aafc-
b986cde28761.html
Black Dick Lover Kathy Hochul
2022-07-22 21:24:20 UTC
In article <t1tore$38sv9$***@news.freedyn.de>
<***@gmail.com> wrote:

A man who allegedly attacked Rep. Lee Zeldin, R-N.Y., with a
sharp object at a campaign stop in Perinton, New York, Thursday
evening was charged with a felony and released from custody
within hours of his arrest, the Monroe County Sheriff’s
Department said.

The suspect, identified as David G. Jakubonis, 43 of Fairport,
N.Y., was charged with attempted assault in the second degree.

He was arraigned in Perinton Town Court and released on his own
recognizance, the sheriff’s department said.

Zeldin, who is the Republican candidate for governor in New
York, predicted the alleged attacker would be released.

"His words as he tried to stab me a few hours ago were ‘you’re
done’, but several attendees, including @EspositoforNY, quickly
jumped into action & tackled the guy," he tweeted early Friday.
"Law enforcement was on the scene within minutes. The attacker
will likely be instantly released under NY’s laws."

Zeldin was giving a speech about bail reform at a Veterans of
Foreign Wars post when the alleged assault happened.

Jakubonis was tackled by AMVETS national Director Joe Chenelly,
according to witnesses.

"His right hand came up, I assume out of his pocket, and he had
a blade on his hand," Chenelly told Fox News Digital. "His
fingers were like two finger holes in the blade and lunged at
the congressman. And Congressman Zeldin blocked the first lunge.
And then as he tried to lunge again, I grabbed him from behind
and tackled him down to the ground and held him on the ground."

Zeldin released a statement after the attack that said: "Thank
you to everyone who reached out following tonight’s attack in
Fairport. Someone tried to stab me on stage during this
evening’s rally, but fortunately, I was able to grab his wrist
and stop him for a few moments until others tackled him. I’m ok,
and @EspositoforNY, and all other attendees are safe. The
attacker is in custody. Grateful for the attendees who stepped
up quickly to assist and the law enforcement officers who
quickly responded. I’m as resolute as ever to do my part to make
NY safe again."

No serious injuries were reported.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/alleged-lee-zeldin-attempted-attacker-
charged-felony-immediately-released-just-congressman-predicted
Black Dick Lover Kathy Hochul
2022-07-22 21:29:23 UTC
In article <t1qp9n$378qs$***@news.freedyn.de>
<***@gmail.com> wrote:

Rudy Giuliani breaks down the incompetence of Governor Kathy
Hochul’s (D-NY) administration.

Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices

https://wabcradio.com/episode/kathy-hochul-incompetent-idiot-06-
07-2022/
Black Dick Lover Kathy Hochul
2022-07-22 21:34:25 UTC
In article <t1utti$39g2h$***@news.freedyn.de>
<***@gmail.com> wrote:

Legislative Column from Assembly Minority Leader Will Barclay

Since taking office, Gov. Kathy Hochul has insisted a full
review of the state’s COVID-19 pandemic response is forthcoming.
Yet, as the weeks and months linger on, no such report has been
released nor has the administration even hired any consultants
or even begun taking contract bids to get to the bottom of what
happened. It appears that while the families of those who died
continue to desperately seek clarity and answers, the governor
is in no rush to provide them.

Sadly, it is not surprising the governor is dragging her feet on
the matter. The timeline of events leading up to today—including
the previous administration’s disastrous policy to admit COVID-
positive individuals into nursing homes and long-term care
facilities, subsequent cover up of the true number of elderly
New Yorkers who died, the earthshattering investigation from New
York Attorney General Letitia James and now obvious stalling on
a full report—is clear evidence the governor is afraid of what
that report may reveal. Too bad for her, though, hiding from the
facts does not make them any less true.

The Assembly Minority Conference long suspected the state’s
pandemic response was ineffective, and as such has pushed back
hard against any attempts to shield the public from what really
happened. My colleagues and I have written letters, requested
hearings, asked that those most closely involved be subpoenaed,
demanded answers and supported every effort by those impacted to
press their representatives and the governor’s office to
investigate the matter thoroughly and honestly. This information
is critical to ensuring nothing like this ever happens again.

Misleading and dodging the families and loved ones of those
impacted is unto itself completely unacceptable. But just as
inappropriate is a willful delay or deliberate withholding of
critical information that could be applied to future public
health emergency responses. This information is lifesaving, and
obscuring it for political convenience is well beyond the pale.
Simply stated, we need answers. We have needed them for months,
and Gov. Hochul’s time is up – no more stalling.

I have spoken to individuals across New York state who have
experienced the worst of the pandemic response and they all want
the same thing: closure. They are not going to forget what
happened, and any political strategy centered on waiting out the
public outrage is not going to work. As the state’s chief
executive, Gov. Hochul has a moral responsibility to get to the
bottom of what happened, and each passing day she does not is a
travesty that disrespects the tens-of-thousands of victims and
those who mean to prevent another tragedy. I am, again, calling
on her to fully investigate the state’s pandemic response, fix
prior mistakes and help our state finally heal.

If you have any questions or comments on this or any other state
issue, or if you would like to be added to my mailing list or
receive my newsletter, please contact my office. My office can
be reached by mail at 19 Canalview Mall, Fulton, NY 13069 and by
email at ***@nyassembly.gov. You may also find me, Assembly
Minority Leader Will Barclay, on Facebook or on Twitter at
@WillABarclay.

https://oswegocountytoday.com/politics/barclay-opinion/barclay-
why-is-gov-hochul-stalling-the-states-covid-19-response-report/
g***@gmail.com
2022-07-23 04:15:28 UTC
Black Dick Lover wrote:

--
Democrats make me feel ashamed of being American.
Republicans make me feel ashamed of being human.
Family Values
2022-07-24 03:06:30 UTC
On 22 Jul 2022, ***@gmail.com posted some

Yes we know it's you, Rudy.

From: ***@gmail.com
Newsgroups:
talk.politics.guns,alt.politics.elections,ny.politics,alt.fan.rush-
limbaugh,sac.politics
Subject: Is there something wrong with enjoying black dick?
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 00:15:28 -0400

How's that black dick tasting. Rudy?
Black Dick Lover Kathy Hochul
2022-07-22 22:09:44 UTC
In article <t17ar3$2ro33$***@news.freedyn.de>
<***@gmail.com> wrote:

New York gubernatorial candidate Rep. Lee Zeldin, R-NY, promised
that his first action, if elected, would be to remove New York
City District Attorney Alvin Bragg for refusing to "enforce the
law." On "America's Newsroom" Tuesday, Zeldin criticized Bragg's
policies, including charging a bodega worker with murder in a
self-defense case.

FORMER FLORIDA AG BONDI SAYS NYC MAYOR MUST SPEAK UP IN SUPPORT
OF BODEGA WORKER: ‘THIS IS NOT JUSTICE’

LEE ZELDIN: This would be the first thing that I would do on day
one as governor come January, is to fire the Manhattan District
Attorney Alvin Bragg. The governor of the state of New York has
the constitutional authority to remove a district attorney who
refuses to enforce the law. Alvin Bragg has been doing this
since day one when he first took office. All sorts of crimes
across the board. He's refusing to prosecute at all, other
crimes he's prosecuting as lesser offenses. If you as a district
attorney want to change the law, you bring your case to the
state capitol. You state your argument, you try to change the
law, but you have a duty to enforce the law. That's the oath
that you take. And he's refusing to do his job. So I would
remove him. It would be the first thing that I would do, my
first day in office.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/lee-zeldin-americas-newsroom-
liberal-manhattan-da-fired-day-one-governor
g***@gmail.com
2022-07-23 04:18:01 UTC
Black Dick Lover wrote:
I know where you can find some big, black dick. Get yourself two, one
for each end. A tag team of big, black dicks.

Swill
2022-07-22 22:14:47 UTC
In article <t1d4tn$2v7qe$***@news.freedyn.de>
<***@gmail.com> wrote:

Soft-on-crime New York City District Attorney Alvin Bragg's
decision to charge a convenience store worker with murder for
stabbing an ex-convict in self-defense is "inexplicable" and
"shocking," experts told Fox News Digital.

Jose Alba, 61, was arrested on a second-degree murder charge and
initially held on $500,000 cash bail for the July 1 slaying of
Austin Simon, 35, who had attacked him.

The bail was reduced Thursday to a $50,000 bond, which his
family has since posted, after Alba spent nearly a week at
Rikers Island.

"It’s shocking, shocking, inexplicable, that they charged him,"
said Daniel Bibb, who prosecuted murder cases for nearly three
decades under late Manhattan DA Robert Morgenthau.

"They’re crazy. It’s clear from the video that he’s acting in
self-defense. It’s clear from all the evidence that they have
thus far," railed Bibb, who now works as a criminal defense
lawyer.

At the time of the incident, Simon was on probation for assault
and already had at least 27 arrests under his belt, according to
a source.

The handling of the case has prompted local New York City
Council members from both sides of the aisle to demand that the
embattled Manhattan DA dismiss the charge. Prominent criminal
defense lawyer Jeffrey Lichtman has offered to represent Alba
for free.

United Bodegas of America has also rallied behind Alba, with the
association’s President Radhames Rodriguez scheduled to meet
with Bragg Tuesday to discuss the case.

The alleged murder
The deadly confrontation began at about 11 p.m. in Harlem on a
Friday night when Simon’s girlfriend tried to buy a bag of
potato chips for her daughter, but her electronic benefits card
was declined.

The woman and Alba argued before the clerk allegedly reached
over and snatched the chips from her 10-year-old daughter,
according to the criminal complaint.

NYC BODEGA WORKER FREED AFTER BAIL IN MURDER CASE IS LOWERED,
BUT NO CHARGES FOR VICTIM’S GIRLFRIEND

"I’m going to bring my n— down here, and he gonna f—k you up,"
the irate mom can be heard barking at the clerk in surveillance
video obtained by the New York Post. "My n— is going to come
down here right now and f—k you up!"

Minutes later, the woman returned to the store with Simon, who
made a beeline for the clerk.

"I’m going to bring my n— down here, and he gonna f—k you up,"
the irate mom can be heard barking at the clerk in surveillance
video obtained by the New York Post. "My n— is going to come
down here right now and f—k you up!"

Minutes later, the woman returned to the store with Simon, who
made a beeline for the clerk.

"Papa, I don’t want a problem, papa," the clerk told Simon, who
stormed into the cashier’s cubicle and violently shoved the
older man into a chair, upsetting a row of shelves behind him,
according to an earlier video obtained by the New York Post.

The two tussled and Alba grabbed a kitchen knife and stabbed
Simon in the neck and chest at least five times.

A third video obtained by the New York Post, which does not
include audio, shows the moment Simon’s girlfriend pulled a
knife from her purse and stabbed Alba in the arm.

She initially told detectives that she did not stab anyone,
which was later contradicted by the video, according to a source.

The prosecution's reasoning for the charge
The prosecutor assigned to the case, Jennifer Sigall, told
investigators that the girlfriend was justified in slashing Alba
to defense of her boyfriend, a source told Fox News Digital.

However, Bibb disagreed and believes Simon’s girlfriend should
have been charged with assault.

"Mr. Alba should have been released from the precinct, and she
[Simon’s girlfriend] should have been charged," Bibb said.
"That’s what I would have done."

Criminal defense lawyer Jeffrey Lichtman, who has represented a
slew of high-profile defendants, including Mexican drug lord
Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán, echoed Bibb’s position.

"She’s the one who started all of this," Lichtman told Fox News
Digital. "She put him [Alba] in a situation where he felt he
needed to use deadly force."

Lichtman explained the reasoning behind the second-degree murder
charge against Alba, which carries a minimum sentence of 15
years to life — although he strongly disagreed with it.

Under New York law, Alba was only justified in using deadly
force if he believed he was about to be the recipient of deadly
force, Lichtman said. Prosecutors decided that the use of a
knife was not a proportional response to a beating.

NEW YORK CITY BODEGA WORKER CHARGED WITH MURDER AFTER ALLEGEDLY
BEING SEEN ON VIDEO STABBING EX-CON IN DISPUTE

"This is insane," Lichtman added. "Does Alvin Bragg want a city
where you’re supposed to get pummeled half to death before you
can defend yourself? We’re frankly sick and tired of being
abused by a bunch of violent criminals."

Lichtman has offered to defend Alba for free.

What is a New York City bodega
Rodriguez told Fox News Digital that bodega workers have been
victims of the city’s soaring crime rate over the last two years.

There are about 20,000 bodegas scattered throughout New York
City mostly concentrated in lower income neighborhoods.

They offer deli sandwiches, single cigarettes known as
"loosies," and essential household supplies.

"The bodega is like a family," Rodriguez said. "We know our
customers, we know their kids. We know what they take in their
coffee because these are people we see every day."

Since the NYPD’s budget was slashed and police stopped arresting
people who commit low level crimes, bodega workers feel
increasingly unsafe, he added.

"The police won’t respond anymore if someone steals something,"
he told Fox News Digital. "But the big problems come after the
small problems are ignored."

Bail initially set at $500,000
Manhattan-prosecutor-turned-defense-lawyer Mark Bederow called
the handling of the case "botched" from the outset.

The setting of $500,000 cash bail for a man with no criminal
history who was not the aggressor is outrageous, he said.

Bederow noted that Bragg’s office has repeatedly come under fire
for setting no or low bail on violent criminals.

"It’s a complete 180 from their typical bail policies," said
Bederow, who worked as a prosecutor under Morgenthau. "It leaves
the public amid an awful crime spree shaking their heads and
wondering what’s going on."

Simon’s conduct could also be considered burglary, Bederow
added. Simon entered a closed part of the bodega to commit an
assault on Alba, who under the law had a right to terminate a
burglary, the lawyer argued.

"Bragg has misread the room," Bederow said. "There isn’t a
Manhattan juror who would vote to convict a hardworking man who
acted in self-defense."

Emma Colton and Haley Chi-Sing contributed to this report

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-da-murder-charge-against-clerk-
attacked-inexplicable-experts
Black Dick Lover Kathy Hochul
2022-07-22 22:29:54 UTC
In article <t1t0i2$38h48$***@news.freedyn.de>
<***@gmail.com> wrote:

New York Gov. Kathy Hochul delivered a message Tuesday to those
calling for the ouster of newly elected Manhattan District
Attorney Alvin Bragg.

Give him some time.

“Someone who has been on the job a very short time, people like
me – I cut him some slack,” Hochul said at a COVID briefing in
the Bronx. “He’s only been on the job a quarter of the time I
have, and I have been on the job a very short time.”

Hochul’s comments came as Bragg, who took office Jan. 1,
continues to face criticism from Republicans and tough-on-crime
Democrats for a controversial Jan. 3 memo that directed his
office to stop prosecuting certain low-level offenses and only
seek pretrial detention in “very serious cases."

Bragg and Hochul, both Democrats, met in the governor’s
Manhattan office on Friday as Hochul faced calls from her
political opponents, including Democratic Rep. Tom Suozzi, to
take action.

Under state law, Hochul has the extraordinary power to remove
certain officials from office – including district attorneys –
or appoint a special prosecutor. While the removal power is
often threatened, it is rarely used, having not been triggered
since the days of Governor Franklin D. Roosevelt.

In her first public comments about the meeting, Hochul sounded a
supportive tone. She said they discussed the need to prosecute
crimes related to guns, as well as the need to make people feel
safe on the subway system.

“An individual that has been on the job for literally weeks will
have an opportunity to show the commitment to dealing with all
levels of crimes, something that he was very much aware was
important,” Hochul said.

She added: “It was a very productive conversation, and certainly
he needs to do his job and he’s doing it right now.”

Bragg issued the policy memo in his first week in office, saying
it was necessary to ensure “safety and fairness.” But he
admitted later the rollout, which was done without any public
remarks or questions from reporters, allowed his message to be
misconstrued.

Among the crimes Bragg said his office will stop prosecuting
were theft of services, routine traffic violations, resisting
arrest and prostitution.

“Data, and my personal experiences, show that reserving
incarceration for matters involving significant harm will make
us safer,” Bragg wrote in the memo.

But the memo spurred an immediate backlash that almost
immediately found its way into the governor’s race, with Suozzi
quickly producing a television ad faulting Bragg for the policy
and trying to tie Hochul to it.

Suozzi is challenging Hochul in a Democratic primary this year.

“If any DA refuses to enforce the law, I will remove them,”
Suozzi says in the ad. “Governor Hochul refuses to act. I will.”

On Tuesday, Hochul said Bragg, who also met this week with other
city DA’s and Mayor Eric Adams, should be given time to prove
he’s up to the job.

“Let him work with the other district attorneys, let him work
with NYPD and the mayor to identify areas that they need to have
prosecutions, and work together,” she said. “Let the process
play out so he can do what he needs to do, which is help
establish that sense of security that New Yorkers are looking
for – and that involves gun prosecutions.”

https://gothamist.com/news/cut-him-some-slack-hochul-says-da-
bragg-deserves-chance
Black Dick Lover Kathy Hochul
2022-07-22 23:05:20 UTC
In article <t1g0sc$30vaj$***@news.freedyn.de>
<***@gmail.com> wrote:

The New York City bodega worker, who is facing a second-degree
murder charge after allegedly being seen on video stabbing an ex-
convict who shoved him during a dispute, has been freed from the
notorious Rikers Island prison after posting a reduced, $50,000
bail package.

However, Jose Alba, 61, had to surrender his passport, wear an
ankle monitor for tracking and is restricted from traveling
outside of New York City, according to terms reached with
prosecutors Thursday.

"Those four aspects of the package, the bail amount, the
surrender of the passport, the electronic monitoring, and the
travel restrictions, are the conditions that we believe will
ensure the defendant’s return to court while the People continue
to investigate this incident," the Manhattan District Attorney’s
Office said in statement to Fox News.

Meanwhile, the girlfriend of the 35-year-old Alba is accused of
stabbing – Austin Simon – remains without charges Friday,
despite investigators saying in a criminal complaint that she
brandished a knife herself from her purse and stabbed Alba in
the arm during the fatal July 1 confrontation inside a Manhattan
deli.

NEW YORK CITY BODEGA WORKER CHARGED WITH MURDER AFTER ALLEGEDLY
BEING SEEN ON VIDEO STABBING EX-CON IN DISPUTE

The bail facing Alba was originally set at $250,000 -- just half
of what Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s office wanted.
In the initial bail hearing, prosecutors argued Alba is a flight
risk since he had a scheduled trip back to his native Dominican
Republic next week, according to the New York Post.

"He has every intention to return to court and defend this
case," his attorney, Danielle Jackson of Neighborhood Defender
Service of Harlem, reportedly said in court Thursday.

The confrontation that resulted in the death of Simon, who was
out on parole at the time after being imprisoned for assaulting
a police officer – followed an argument Alba had with his
girlfriend over a bag of chips, the New York Post reported
earlier.

A criminal complaint obtained by Fox News Digital said around 11
p.m. last Friday, Simon’s girlfriend tried to buy snack items
[...]

on the murder charge, according to the New York Post.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-bodega-worker-freed-bail-murder-
case-lower-no-charges-victim-girlfriend
Black Dick Lover Kathy Hochul
2022-07-22 23:10:24 UTC
In article <t1toqi$38sv9$***@news.freedyn.de>
<***@gmail.com> wrote:

Gov. Kathy Hochul laid out more than 220 proposals and
initiatives in her first State of the State address Wednesday,
embracing a wide-ranging plan intended to mark a new era of
state government.

Almost as notable was what she didn’t mention in her 33-minute
speech.

Hochul’s agenda-setting address touched on topics ranging from
climate change to bolstering public colleges to retaining and
recruiting health care workers. She also outlined more specific
proposals such as building a new rail line from Brooklyn to
Queens.

But she avoided hitting on some of the more difficult issues
facing state policymakers in 2022, including the fate of the
state’s bail reform measures and a soon-to-expire moratorium on
evictions.

What Hochul did – and didn’t – mention has already become fodder
for her political opponents, who will closely scrutinize her
every word and proposal to look for an opportunity to use it
against her on the campaign trail as she remains among the top
gubernatorial candidates this year.

That includes U.S. Rep. Tom Suozzi, a Long Island Democrat
challenging Hochul in the June primary.

“The governor today said she wanted a ‘new era’ for New York,
yet she ducked fixing the bail crisis that is helping fuel
crime, failed to fix the chaos due to her lack of a COVID plan
and won’t stop the pay to play mess that corrupts Albany,”
Suozzi said in a statement following Hochul’s speech.

Along with avoiding mention of the state’s bail laws and
eviction moratorium, Hochul also declined to address the issue
of good-cause eviction, a measure pending in Albany that would
guarantee tenants a right to a lease extension in many cases and
limit how much landlords can increase the rent.

Hochul, a Buffalo native, also didn’t raise a topic near to her
heart: Ongoing negotiations to build a new stadium for the
Buffalo Bills, which could cost state taxpayers hundreds of
millions of dollars or more.

On Friday, Hochul said she is discussing the issues of bail
reform and the eviction moratorium with the state Legislature.

“To be determined, but people will be hearing our position on
those very shortly,” she said.

Bail Reform

For those who support New York’s repeal of cash bail for most
crimes, no news is good news.

And that’s what they got on Wednesday, when Hochul declined to
embrace any effort to repeal the bail reforms or mention the
issue at all.

Under New York’s 2020 reforms, judges were prohibited from
requiring cash bail as a condition of release for those accused
of most crimes in New York. The majority of violent felonies and
some other serious crimes, including certain burglary charges
and any case that results in death, were still eligible for bail.

But Republicans and some center-leaning Democrats have called
for changes to the system, citing fear over crime rates across
the state and a desire for judges to have more discretion.

“There’s no doubt this has created more victims,” said Senate
Minority Leader Rob Ortt, a western New York Republican whose
conference wants to overhaul the reforms. “The goal of every
legislator, every elected official should never be to create
more victims. Is that, like, a price that we’re paying to be
more socially just or more woke?”

State Senate Majority Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins said Senate
Democrats have “no desire” to change the bail reforms at this
time.

“We can’t make changes based on innuendo or hysteria or because
it’s a great political talking point,” she said. “We made the
change because the way it was, with penalizing and incarcerating
people pretty much because of poverty, that’s not what we call
justice.”

While she didn’t mention bail, Hochul did embrace another
proposal supported by criminal justice reform advocates: A bill
known as the Clean Slate Act.

If passed and signed into law, the Clean Slate Act would
automatically seal many felony convictions seven years after a
sentence is served. For most misdemeanors, it would be after
three years.

The measure wouldn’t apply to those convicted of sex crimes.

Hochul didn’t mention the bill in her speech itself, but did
include her support for it in her 237-page written message to
the legislature.

“For the 2.3 million New Yorkers with a conviction, the stigma
of a criminal record stifles access to opportunities such as
employment and housing,” the message reads.

Eviction Moratorium

New York first enacted a moratorium on evictions in the early
days of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020. As the pandemic lingered,
then-Gov. Andrew Cuomo and state lawmakers extended it twice as
it was about to expire.

Now it’s set to expire again on January 15th. And though Hochul
hasn’t said so publicly, tenant advocates are bracing for her to
allow it to sunset.

Hochul laid out the broad strokes of what she’s calling a five-
year, $25 billion housing plan to create or preserve 100,000
affordable rental or co-op units across the state, including New
York City. But she made no mention, explicit or otherwise, of
the pending expiration of the moratorium.

Stewart-Cousins, a Yonkers Democrat, said her legislative
conference will soon meet to discuss what, if anything, they
will do with the moratorium.

“I really don’t have an answer for you but it is something we
are going to look at,” Stewart-Cousins said Wednesday when asked
if her conference would back extending the moratorium a third
time. “It’s just important that we make sure that we are
sensitive in every way to the impacts of the pandemic as well as
getting people to stay in their homes while trying to reopen New
York.”

Good Cause Eviction

Some of the more progressive-minded Democrats in the state
Legislature are exploring a plan to enact what’s known as good
cause eviction in New York.

The proposal would give most tenants a right to an extension on
their housing rental lease unless a landlord has good cause to
reject them.

It would also limit how much landlords could raise the monthly
rent, preventing them from exceeding the rate of inflation.

Such a proposal remains controversial in Albany. Landlords, long
a powerful lobbying force at the Capitol, aren’t in favor, while
tenant advocates say it would go a long way toward preserving
housing that is affordable to New Yorkers.

Hochul hadn’t previously taken a stance on the issue. And she
didn’t during her State of the State either.

Stewart-Cousins noted Senate Democrats are holding hearings on
the bill before they advance anything to a vote.

“Obviously, one of the things that the governor brought up in
her State of the State is the housing issue – making sure that
people are housed and we have affordable housing and so on,” she
said. “So we are having a hearing on good cause to get the
thoughts on that particular piece of legislation.”

An organization known as the Small Property Owners of New York
is pushing back against the proposal, saying it would hamstring
small landlords and prevent them from keeping homes in good
repair.

“We need to work together to strengthen housing options in New
York – but good cause eviction would do just the opposite and
make today’s problems even worse,” said Deb Pusatere, who owns
property in Albany and is affiliated with the group.

A New Buffalo Bills Stadium

Hochul is an unabashed supporter of the Buffalo Bills, the
National Football League team that hails from her home region.

Her administration has been locked in negotiations with Erie
County and the Pegula family, the owner of the team, over
building a brand new stadium to replace the aging, county-owned
Highmark Stadium that is the team’s current home.

The talks will have a significant impact on how much taxpayer
money will be spent on the project. The stadium is projected to
cost at least $1.4 billion, which would be split in some way
between the state, the county and the Pegulas.

The various sides had expressed hope they could iron out a deal
by the end of 2021. And while Hochul’s State of the State could
have been a potential venue to announce a deal, it didn’t happen.

Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz, one of the parties to the
negotiations, said the talks have progressed, but he warned a
deal is not imminent.

"There have been significant discussions over the last two
weeks," Poloncarz said during a briefing Tuesday. "But we are
not imminent to a deal.”

It’s complicated, he said. The negotiations are extensive,
covering not just the building of the new stadium but also a
lengthy lease for the team to actually occupy the venue. And
there are three parties: The current stadium is owned by Erie
County, leased to the state and subleased to the team.

“These are exceptionally complicated discussions,” he said.
“We’re talking about construction of a new football stadium, a
long-term stadium and everything that goes along with it. This
is not like a lease with your house.”

On Friday, Hochul said negotiations remain ongoing.

“In terms of negotiations, conversations have been going on
literally for months – very positive,” she said. “And there is
not a date certain other than the next few months where it has
to be completed.”

https://gothamist.com/news/here-are-the-key-issues-gov-kathy-
hochul-didnt-mention-in-her-state-of-the-state-address
Black Dick Lover Kathy Hochul
2022-07-22 23:40:43 UTC
In article <t2al7v$3g466$***@news.freedyn.de>
<***@gmail.com> wrote:

The state Court of Appeals’ smackdown of Democrats’ naked
disregard for the state Constitution and the voters’ will was a
victory for fair play. Blame Gov. Kathy Hochul and Albany
Democrats for the attempted power play — and for the resulting
chaos.

With a special master drawing up new House and state Senate
districts, the courts have moved those primaries from June to
Aug. 23; the Legislature may move the remaining primaries to
that date to avoid having two separate primary elections, and
because statewide candidates might have to re-do the petition
process since their old petitions may not hold up under the new
maps.

Ironically, that’d be a boon to Hochul, since she’d likely get a
chance to replace disgraced, now-ex Lt.-Gov. Brian Benjamin on
the primary ballot.

Commenting on talk of consolidating the elections, Hochul
demurred, “There’s time to look at the options [and] find out
what’s best for the voters.”

Now she wants “what’s best for voters”? The time to prioritize
that was before she signed off on the nakedly voter-repressing
gerrymander.

As the courts ruled, it’s obvious that New York Democrats drew
the hyper-partisan maps with one eye on helping the national
party keep its House majority, and the other on reducing
Republicans to an utterly impotent minority in the state Senate.
And Hochul and the Legislature utterly ignored the voter-passed
requirement that redistricting be a truly bipartisan process.

Heck, when asked if she planned to use her power over
redistricting to boost Dems’ House hopes, Hochul answered,
“Yes.” And when she signed the “Hochulmander” into law, she told
The New York Times she was acting as a “loyal Biden Democrat.”

As her Democratic challenger Rep. Tom Suozzi tweeted after the
courts slapped down the power play: “Another failure for New
York’s dysfunctional government and Kathy Hochul.”

So much for a governor who took office vowing to change the
culture of Albany. With her foolish Benjamin pick, her obsessive
fund-raising from special interests, her near-billion-gift to
the (out of state) owners of her hometown football team, her
ballooning of the state budget, her failure to win major fixes
to New York’s demented criminal-justice “reforms” and now the
Hochulmander disaster, she’s proved herself as much a creature
of that corrupt culture as her disgraced predecessor, Andrew
Cuomo.

TAGS: ANDREA STEWART-COUSINS CARL HEASTIE DEMOCRATS EDITORIAL
GERRYMANDERING KATHY HOCHUL BLACK DICK PANDERING DEMOCRAT
WHORE NEW YORK NEW YORK STATE ASSEMBLY NEW YORK STATE SENATE

https://nypost.com/2022/05/01/gerrymander-fiasco-proves-hochul-
is-as-corrupt-as-cuomo/
Black Dick Lover Kathy Hochul
2022-07-23 03:53:17 UTC
In article <t2kmi9$3mncl$***@news.freedyn.de>
<***@gmail.com> wrote:

George Soros boosted District Attorney Alvin Bragg in his
campaign for office

Facing criticism from across the political spectrum, a Manhattan
district attorney boosted in his campaign for office by George
Soros, has moved to drop murder charges against a bodega worker
caught on camera defending himself from a violent assault.

The office of District Attorney Alvin Bragg (D.) filed a motion
to drop the second-degree murder case against Jose Alba, a
middle-aged employee who used a knife to subdue an assailant
assaulting him at work, according to the New York Post. The
Manhattan prosecutor's office said it could not prove Alba had
been unjustified in his use of deadly force after his more
physically imposing attacker lunged behind the counter, threw
him against a wall, and grabbed him by the collar, the motion
states. Bragg had initially set Alba's bond at $250,000, an
unprecedented move for an office that has largely abandoned cash
bail. New York City mayor Eric Adams had opposed the charges,
saying Alba acted in self-defense and was "following the law."

The motion is one of the only times Bragg has reversed course
under pressure. In June, the mother of a murdered Army veteran
castigated a Bragg attorney in court to no avail after the
prosecutor sentenced her son's killer to just seven years in
prison. Bragg has evaded accountability for many other assault
cases, even amid public outcry. His office has not issued
further charges in the case, though the assailant's girlfriend
had pulled a knife from her purse and stabbed Alba, according to
the bodega worker's attorney.

Soros in 2021 donated more than $1 million to Bragg's campaign,
helping to elect the Harlem native as part of a decade-long push
to install liberal prosecutors across the country. The
progressive megadonor has spent more than $40 million to place
dozens of left-wing prosecutors in half of America's largest
jurisdictions, a June Law Enforcement Legal Defense Fund report
found, ousting many career prosecutors in the process. In cities
and municipalities nationwide, the prosecutors have radically
overhauled bail laws and pursued lightened sentencing.

Bragg handily won his November election by 67 percentage points,
promising to reduce incarceration. He told prosecutors in a memo
shortly after taking office to avoid prison sentences for most
felony cases except under "extraordinary circumstances."

In the past three years, homicide has shot up 52 percent in New
York City, according to the latest NYPD crime data. Shootings
are up more than 100 percent, and car theft is up 91 percent.
The city in 2021 recorded nearly 500 homicides—the most it's
seen in a decade.

Update 3:13 p.m.: This piece has been updated with additional
information.

https://freebeacon.com/democrats/amid-backlash-manhattan-soros-
da-drops-charges-against-bodega-worker/
Black Dick Lover Kathy Hochul
2022-07-23 04:33:41 UTC
In article <t2kpt4$3mp8r$***@news.freedyn.de>
<***@gmail.com> wrote:

New York governor Kathy Hochul's administration funneled more
than $600 million in no-bid COVID-19 contracts to a megadonor
family that has contributed hundreds of thousands of dollars to
the Democrat's campaign.

From December 2021 to March 2022, Hochul's Department of Health
paid $637 million in taxpayer funds to Digital Gadgets LLC for
at-home COVID tests, the Albany Times Union reported. That
company—which is based in New Jersey and sells hoverboards and
other electronics through television shopping network QVC—is led
by Charlie Tebele, whose family has contributed nearly $300,000
to Hochul's campaign. The purchases were made under Hochul's
November coronavirus state-of-emergency order, which suspended
the state's competitive bidding process for COVID-related
spending.

The ordeal marks the latest example of how Democratic governors
have used the pandemic to award their political allies. In April
of 2020, Michigan governor Gretchen Whitmer (D.) awarded a
contract for the state's contact-tracing operation to a
Democratic consultant who then retained one of Whitmer's own
campaign vendors, liberal data behemoth NGP VAN, to work on the
project. After the Washington Free Beacon exposed that deal,
Whitmer rescinded the contract and said her office had no role
in awarding it. Internal emails, however, later showed that
Whitmer's office gave the "green light" to move forward with the
plan.

Hochul is not the only New York Democrat to award a COVID
contract to Digital Gadgets after taking campaign cash from the
owner's family. In the spring of 2020, then-New York City mayor
Bill de Blasio's administration awarded $119 million in no-bid
coronavirus contracts to the company shortly after the Tebele
family gave the Democrat's presidential campaign roughly
$30,000. Digital Gadgets, however, failed to provide the 2,000
ventilators and 200,000 "breathing kits" it promised to the
city, causing the de Blasio administration to cancel a $91
million contract that was part of its deal with the megadonor
family's company.

Hochul took office in August 2021 after disgraced Democrat
Andrew Cuomo resigned in the wake of sexual misconduct
allegations. Hochul has leveraged her relationships with deep-
pocketed megadonors such as the Tebeles to raise a record-
breaking $34 million since becoming governor. She emerged from
New York's gubernatorial primary in June and will face
Republican challenger Lee Zeldin in November.

Published under: Democratic Donors, Kathy Hochul, New York

https://freebeacon.com/democrats/kathy-hochuls-new-york-sent-600-
million-in-no-bid-covid-contracts-to-dem-megadonors-company/
Black Dick Lover Kathy Hochul