[Hochul's horrors...] Fed-up homeowner arrested after tense standoff with squatters 'stealing' $1M house she inherited from parents
Leroy N. Soetoro
2024-03-19 19:55:12 UTC
A New York City property owner recently ended up in handcuffs following a
fiery standoff with a bunch of squatters she has been trying to boot from
her family’s home, tense footage of the ordeal shows.

Adele Andaloro, 47, was recently nabbed after she changed the locks on the
$1 million home in Flushing, Queens, that she says she inherited from her
parents when they died, ABC’s Eyewitness News reported.

“It’s enraging,” the homeowner said of the squatter saga. “It’s not fair
that I, as the homeowner, have to be going through this.”

Andaloro claims the ordeal erupted when she started the process of trying
to sell the home last month but realized squatters had moved in — and
brazenly replaced the entire front door and locks.

Fed up, she recently went to her family’s home on 160th Street — with the
local TV outlet in tow — and called a locksmith to change the locks for
her.

A heated, caught-on-camera spat with the alleged squatters quickly
unfolded and ended with some of the so-called tenants — and Andaloro —
being led away in cuffs.

In New York City, a person can claim “squatter’s rights” after just 30
days of living at a property.

Under the law, it is illegal for the homeowner to change the locks, turn
off the utilities, or remove the belongings of the “tenants” from the
property.

“By the time someone does their investigation, their work, and their job,
it will be over 30 days and this man will still be in my home,” Andaloro
said.

“I’m really fearful that these people are going to get away with stealing
my home,” she added.

During the recent encounter at her home, Andaloro — who was armed with the
deeds — was filmed entering the property after one of the apparent tenants
left the front door open.

After changing the locks, a man claiming to be on the lease — identified
by the local outlet as Brian Rodriguez — returned to the property and
barged through the front door.

“You shouldn’t be trying to steal my house,” a furious Andaloro yelled at
him during the caught-on-camera ordeal.

Following a flurry of 911 calls, responding cops told Andaloro she had to
sort the saga out in housing court because it was considered a “landlord-
tenant issue.”

Andaloro was ultimately arrested for unlawful eviction given she had
changed the locks.

In addition to her arrest, Andaloro said she is being forced to start an
eviction filing in court to settle the landlord-tenant dispute.

The ordeal is just the latest involving squatters in the Big Apple in
recent weeks after a couple’s plan to move into a $2 million home in
Douglaston, Queens, with their disabled son was derailed by a squatter who
claimed to have an agreement with the previous owner.

Separately, a squatter was also found to have turned a Rockaways home into
a stomach-turning house of horrors by keeping more than a dozen emaciated
cats and dogs trapped inside the property.

Conversation

Actual Conservative Patriot
4 hours ago

Eviction laws need to be amended to make it absolutely clear that if the
owner has received no payments, and if there's no lease, there's no
defense, at all, against eviction.

On a more practical note: this is why I don't rent anything out to
anyone, ever again.

RealityMan
2 hours ago

Here is what worked when I had dangerous and non-paying tenants. They were
so bad, such a nuisance in town that a town resident (NOT me) gave them a
thinly veiled threat that he would end their lives if the tenants caused
more problems. They high tailed it out of there within weeks, living in
sheer terror in those weeks. And after the threat, still not paying rent,
they asked me for help. No way. Adios. They trashed the house before they
left. Here is reality: NY State will do NOTHING to protect citizens and
create a lawfully civilized society. NY State only protects criminals,
those who arrived here uninvited and "the" minority causing havoc
everywhere they live. Get out of the state before complete anarchy becomes
the rule. As is happening. We are leaving, selling our properties and
never returning. If we move to Nigeria, it would be more civilized than NY
State.
--
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so that
stupid people won't be offended.

Durham Report: The FBI has an integrity problem. It has none.

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.

Ralph Mowery
2024-03-19 21:45:14 UTC
In New York City, a person can claim ?squatter?s rights? after just 30
days of living at a property.
It looks like people would chck into their homes more often than every
30 days and if they take off for another home on vacation have someone
look at the house.

If I found someone in my house I would ask them to leave and if they did
not it would be a 911 call to pick up some bodies that wree trying to
harm me as my life was in danger.
Siri Cruise
2024-03-19 23:51:09 UTC
Post by Ralph Mowery
If I found someone in my house I would ask them to leave and if they did
not it would be a 911 call to pick up some bodies that wree trying to
harm me as my life was in danger.
And you will be arrested for murder.

Depending on local laws, the police might not be able to remove.
You might have to get a court order and get the sheriff to evict.

There are reasons why this can be difficult because of past abuses
by landlords.
--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
of Discordian Mysteries. This post insults Islam. Mohamed
Rod Speed
2024-03-20 01:26:51 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Ralph Mowery
If I found someone in my house I would ask them to leave and if they did
not it would be a 911 call to pick up some bodies that wree trying to
harm me as my life was in danger.
And you will be arrested for murder.
That varys with the state. Not true in one state on one
of the true crime videos where the home owner rang
the cops and told them that he could see two perps
who were entering his neighbour's house. The senior
cop was recorded talking to him about what the perps
were up to. The caller said that they were now leaving
and that he was about to shoot them. The senior cop
told him to not shoot them repeatedly but you could
hear them being shot a little later. The program later
showed up and we could see the dead perps. The
cop said that no action would be taken against the
shooter because that state allowed anyone to
shoot and kill perps caught in the act.
landlords.
Darren
2024-03-20 02:45:09 UTC
On Wed, 20 Mar 2024 10:51:09 +1100, Siri Cruise
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Ralph Mowery
If I found someone in my house I would ask them to leave and if they
did not it would be a 911 call to pick up some bodies that wree
trying to harm me as my life was in danger.
And you will be arrested for murder.
That varys with the state. Not true in one state on one
of the true crime videos where the home owner rang
the cops and told them that he could see two perps
who were entering his neighbour's house. The senior
cop was recorded talking to him about what the perps
were up to. The caller said that they were now leaving
and that he was about to shoot them. The senior cop
told him to not shoot them repeatedly but you could
hear them being shot a little later. The program later
showed up and we could see the dead perps. The
cop said that no action would be taken against the
shooter because that state allowed anyone to
shoot and kill perps caught in the act.
landlords.
Governor Swill
2024-03-20 16:25:30 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Ralph Mowery
If I found someone in my house I would ask them to leave and if they did
not it would be a 911 call to pick up some bodies that wree trying to
harm me as my life was in danger.
And you will be arrested for murder.
That varys with the state. Not true in one state on one
of the true crime videos where the home owner rang
the cops and told them that he could see two perps
who were entering his neighbour's house. The senior
cop was recorded talking to him about what the perps
were up to. The caller said that they were now leaving
and that he was about to shoot them. The senior cop
told him to not shoot them repeatedly but you could
hear them being shot a little later. The program later
showed up and we could see the dead perps. The
cop said that no action would be taken against the
shooter because that state allowed anyone to
shoot and kill perps caught in the act.
No source cited, the name of the "state" is not given. <sniffsniff>

I smell bullshit.

Swill
--
"Eventually he turns on everyone, and soon it will be you and then the entire country."
- Anthony Scaramucci

https://www.forwardparty.com/ . .

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.
Rod Speed
2024-03-20 21:23:08 UTC
On Thu, 21 Mar 2024 03:25:30 +1100, Governor Swill
On Wed, 20 Mar 2024 12:26:51 +1100, "Rod Speed"
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Ralph Mowery
If I found someone in my house I would ask them to leave and if they did
not it would be a 911 call to pick up some bodies that wree trying to
harm me as my life was in danger.
And you will be arrested for murder.
That varys with the state. Not true in one state on one
of the true crime videos where the home owner rang
the cops and told them that he could see two perps
who were entering his neighbour's house. The senior
cop was recorded talking to him about what the perps
were up to. The caller said that they were now leaving
and that he was about to shoot them. The senior cop
told him to not shoot them repeatedly but you could
hear them being shot a little later. The program later
showed up and we could see the dead perps. The
cop said that no action would be taken against the
shooter because that state allowed anyone to
shoot and kill perps caught in the act.
No source cited,
There are so many of those true crime docos to
remember the series name, let alone the ep number.
the name of the "state" is not given. '
Shouldnt be too hard to use google to find the state with that law.
<sniffsniff>
I smell bullshit.
That's your arse you are smelling.
Governor Swill
2024-03-21 07:48:40 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Ralph Mowery
[...]
I don't watch/read/enjoy "true crime" stories.
Post by Rod Speed
the name of the "state" is not given. '
Shouldnt be too hard to use google to find the state with that law.
Then you should have had even less trouble typing it.
Post by Rod Speed
<sniffsniff>
I smell bullshit.
That's your arse you are smelling.
What are you doing sniffing my arse?

Swill

Rod Speed
2024-03-21 21:59:43 UTC
On Thu, 21 Mar 2024 18:48:40 +1100, Governor Swill
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Ralph Mowery
[...]
You have always been, and always will be, completely
and utterly irrelevant. What you might or might not
claim to watch/read/enjoy in spades.
Post by Rod Speed
the name of the "state" is not given. '
Shouldnt be too hard to use google to find the state with that law.
Then you should have had even less trouble typing it.
But no point in doing that.
Post by Rod Speed
<sniffsniff>
I smell bullshit.
That's your arse you are smelling.
What are you doing sniffing my arse?
You are the one claiming to be sniffing, stupid.

Ed P
2024-03-20 00:00:37 UTC
Post by Ralph Mowery
In New York City, a person can claim ?squatter?s rights? after just 30
days of living at a property.
It looks like people would chck into their homes more often than every
30 days and if they take off for another home on vacation have someone
look at the house.
If I found someone in my house I would ask them to leave and if they did
not it would be a 911 call to pick up some bodies that wree trying to
harm me as my life was in danger.
I was thinking the same. I'd never let a house sit that long without
someone checking it. Not to mention, you can get various security and
camera systems fairly cheap.

The owner certainly does not deserve the problems, but they are fairly
easily prevented. Even a Ring doorbell would have saved her.

When I go away, someone is in my house at least once a week even with
monitoring.
Skid Marks
2024-03-20 00:38:57 UTC
Post by Ralph Mowery
In New York City, a person can claim ?squatter?s rights? after just 30
days of living at a property.
It looks like people would chck into their homes more often than every
30 days and if they take off for another home on vacation have someone
look at the house.
If I found someone in my house I would ask them to leave and if they did
not it would be a 911 call to pick up some bodies that wree trying to
harm me as my life was in danger.
I was thinking the same.  I'd never let a house sit that long without someone checking it.  Not to mention, you can get various security and camera systems fairly cheap.
The owner certainly does not deserve the problems, but they are fairly easily prevented.  Even a Ring doorbell would have saved her.
When I go away, someone is in my house at least once a week even with monitoring.
Stolen elections have consequences.

This is Democrat run New York. It is ALWAYS the victims fault. ALWAYS!

The victim/homeowner should be forced to pay a half billion bond to Latisha James before she can get her house back.
2024-03-20 01:03:27 UTC
Post by Skid Marks
Post by Ralph Mowery
[...]
No fooling!
Post by Skid Marks
This is Democrat run New York. It is ALWAYS the victims fault. ALWAYS!
The victim/homeowner should be forced to pay a half billion bond to
Latisha James before she can get her house back.
It would almost serve you better to pay an armed guard
with a big dog to house sit whilst your house was vacant.
A couple of bites from rin-tin-tin and ...
Voice of Authority
2024-03-20 02:22:30 UTC
Post by Ralph Mowery
If I found someone in my house I would ask them to leave and if they did
not it would be a 911 call to pick up some bodies that wree trying to
harm me as my life was in danger.
as long as they're not armed and don't blow you away first. guns are so
hard to get, how could they possibly be armed?