'Framed as a bigot': NY father loses custody of son after questioning gender transition
Leroy N. Soetoro
2024-04-06 21:37:08 UTC
https://thenationaldesk.com/news/americas-news-now/framed-as-a-bigot-ny-
father-loses-custody-of-son-after-questioning-gender-transition-software-
engineer-dennis-hannon-32-told-the-national-desk-tnd-monday-the-erie-
county-supreme-court-upstate-new-york-transgender-lgbtq-rights-trans

BUFFALO, N.Y. (TND) — A New York father says a court stripped him of
custody of his child after he objected to their gender transition.

Software engineer Dennis Hannon, 32, told The National Desk (TND) Monday
the Erie County Supreme Court stripped him of all but visitation rights to
his nine-year-old son, who had been living as a girl on days he stayed
with Hannon’s ex-wife.

While the transition has allegedly been occurring since the child was two,
Hannon said he wasn’t informed until the time his son was five when he
received a letter from their kindergarten classroom.

I didn't recognize the name on the letterhead, it was a female name, it
was addressed to the parent or guardian of Ruby Rose Hannon,” Hannon said.
“I don't know who Ruby Rose Hannon was. I didn't know who Ruby Rose Hannon
was at the time, but the address was correct.”
This discovery, Hannon said, led him to the realization that “when he was
in his mother's care, when he was going to school, he was a girl.” Hannon
explained his son had undergone a complete social transition, wearing
girls’ clothing and using female pronouns.

“I was shocked. I was just floored when I read that they had assigned my
son a new name,” Hannon said. “I was essentially the last to know.”

Hannon said he later found out his son had been seeing a gender therapist
specializing in adolescents who kept no notes of their sessions together.
This therapist had referred Hannon’s son to an endocrinologist, who
recommended him as a candidate for puberty blocking drugs.

We had a treatment plan before diagnosis. He was never formally
diagnosed,” Hannon said. “They had fast tracked my son to puberty blockers
without me even knowing.”
Hannon said he then stepped in with legal counsel to prevent his son from
using puberty blockers. While the move worked, he said the repercussions
were immense.

“I was framed as a bigot. I was framed as I was intolerant and I wouldn't
accept my son for his gender identity and that was not the case,” Hannon
said. “I simply questioned it and what it seemed like what they wanted me
to do was not question it, but just accept it blindly.”

Hannon says the court went on to rule against him in later proceedings,
demanding he pay for the child’s $145-per-session gender therapy. When
these sessions still did not yield a diagnosis of gender dysphoria, Hannon
requested his child be discharged.

When the court responded by removing his medical authority, Hannon says he
appealed the decision, first to a family court, then to two county courts
and finally to the Erie County Supreme Court. Hannon says the three-day
trial resulted in him losing custody of his son, being only allowed to see
him occasionally during the week and on alternating weekends.

I may have lost in court, but I won where it matters the most because I
saved my little boy,” Hannon said. “My son, when this started, he was very
young. He didn't have a voice and everybody wanted to tell him what he
wanted to be. So now he's nine years old and he has a voice and he
understands what happened to him.”
Hannon said the experience is what led him to create “Indoctrinate This,”
a group dedicated to informing parents of the risks associated with gender
transitions at a young age.

“We need to stop gender affirming care for minors, period,” Hannon said.
“Full stop. That's it. That's the goal.”

Other parents have faced similar legal battles in recent months. In
January, Republican Montana Gov. Greg Gianforte told TND state officials
acted within their legal limitations by removing a child from parents who
objected to their transitioning gender identity. The parents say they are
now exploring their "limited" legal avenues to fight state Child and
Family Services and the hospital where their child was treated.

Follow Jackson Walker on X at @_jlwalker_ for the latest trending national
news. Have a news tip? Send it to ***@sbgtv.com.
--
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so that
stupid people won't be offended.

Durham Report: The FBI has an integrity problem. It has none.

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.

NoBody
2024-04-07 13:25:36 UTC
On Sat, 6 Apr 2024 21:37:08 -0000 (UTC), "Leroy N. Soetoro"
Post by Leroy N. Soetoro
https://thenationaldesk.com/news/americas-news-now/framed-as-a-bigot-ny-
father-loses-custody-of-son-after-questioning-gender-transition-software-
engineer-dennis-hannon-32-told-the-national-desk-tnd-monday-the-erie-
county-supreme-court-upstate-new-york-transgender-lgbtq-rights-trans
BUFFALO, N.Y. (TND) — A New York father says a court stripped him of
custody of his child after he objected to their gender transition.
Well it's New York - do you expect anything different? The state owns
you and everything you think is yours.
Just Wondering
2024-04-07 17:50:58 UTC
Post by Leroy N. Soetoro
https://thenationaldesk.com/news/americas-news-now/framed-as-a-bigot-ny-
father-loses-custody-of-son-after-questioning-gender-transition-software-
engineer-dennis-hannon-32-told-the-national-desk-tnd-monday-the-erie-
county-supreme-court-upstate-new-york-transgender-lgbtq-rights-trans
BUFFALO, N.Y. (TND) — A New York father says a court stripped him of
custody of his child after he objected to their gender transition.
Well it's New York - do you expect anything different? The state owns
you and everything you think is yours.
Apparently in New York the year is 1984.